Domestic extension and refurbishment of a 1930’s art deco style architect designed semi-detached house in rural location. The original house was designed as accommodation for engineers engaged in the design of the Mallow Sugar Factory. The row of eight semi-detached houses are located on the former site of the now large rooflight to the internal gallery / lobby, and native untreated Douglas fir slats over polycarbonate sheeting to enclose the car port.
Location: 13 Kilvealaton, Newberry, Mallow, Co. Cork.
Client: John & Bridgette Brennan
Role: Project Architects & Lead Consultant.
Contractor: Buckley Construction Ltd.