Ballyorgan Extension & Refurbishment
This project consisted of a former post office / grocery within a two storey house the building dates to early 1930’s with older traditional farm buildings on the site. A 1970’s two storey extension which housed a kitchen and bathroom was demolished to make way for a single-story kitchen/dining, WC and lobby. The former post office and grocery was refurbished into a library. A bathroom was formed at first floor in a small bedroom. The small mud walled store building was retained and it forms an external a corridor between old and new. A strip window in the kitchen allowed views to the white washed walls of the store and to the landscape. At first floor a large picture window was added to frame the view of Ballyhoura Mountains from the landing. A zinc roof was used on the extension with an insulated acrylic render system to the external walls.